Taxi Drivers Test
New taxi drivers have to complete a two stage process – application for the licence and pass taxi theory and practical test.
Applying for a taxi driving licence.
If this is the first time you have applied for a licence to drive a taxi you must:
- have held a full driving licence for at least three years
- be eligible to work in Northern Ireland
- meet the necessary medical requirements
- meet the necessary good repute requirements
- pass a taxi driver theory test and a taxi driver practical test
Applications usually take 12 weeks to process. A taxi driver licence will only be issued once you have met all the requirements. If at the end of the process you are not issued with a licence you won’t be able to get a refund for any taxi driver theory or taxi driver practical tests that you have taken. More information on the new test can be found in the manual.