Equipping your workforce with the knowledge and skills to drive safely in all road & traffic conditions, for all vehicles.
Driving at Work in Northern Ireland
Are your fuel costs and vehicle overheads too high? Providing your drivers and staff further training, could reduce these costs.
The training teaches road skills that minimise risk and promote efficient driving in all situations. Remember, driving may be one of the most dangerous things we do daily.
What are the benefits?
- Advance drivers are 25% less likely to be in a collision (RoSPA)
- Fuel cost can be reduced (between 10% – 25% depending on driver, vehicle type and the route taken)*
- Reducing wear, tear and the need for vehicle repairs
- Greater understanding of the drivers responsibilities to other road users and the environment
The average LGV uses over 18160 litres or 4000 gallons of fuel per year. A 5% reduction would save £800 in fuel per year per vehicle with an environmental saving of 2.6 tonnes of carbon dioxide per year.
Based on a car travelling 12,000 miles a year, fuel bills can be cut by around £200 – £300 per vehicle. [Energy Saving Trust figures]
Fleet Training courses can: –
- Totally classroom based depending on the subject to be covered (Drink/Drug Driving)
- Classroom and on-road involving either 1:1 or 2:1 training
- Full day, half day or bespoke to your needs
Some of the skills covered are: –
- Mental skills for better driving
- Observation and anticipation to help awareness of hazards and risks
- Speed awareness
- Effective vehicle positioning
- Subjects to your needs (e.g. Drink/Drug Driving covering the law, consequences or in the workplace)
Remember – This is only an example of the subjects we cover so please contact a member of our training team, so that we can discuss and design a bespoke course/workshop to meet your company’s needs.